Join us in Hong Kong for the 2019 Q1 Members Meeting to be held on Monday 28 January – Thursday 31 January!
Introduction to MEF Member Meetings
MEF Quarterly and Annual Meetings are the gathering place of our increasingly diverse membership community where we:
- Inform members of active work taking place across projects and other initiatives
- On-board and educate new participants
- Advance specification, API and MEF 3.0 implementation projects on MEFnet
- Develop and refine marketing projects and certification programs
- Brainstorm and initiate new work in support of MEF's vision
- Network with MEF colleagues! and representatives of partner organizations from around the globe
Hong Kong Meeting Highlights
- New Participant Orientation: Get a quick start on MEF engagement by learning about how MEF works, member tools, communications and more.
- Committee Working Meetings: Individual committee tracks to progress the numerous works of MEF: Services, LSO, Applications, Marketing & Education, and Certification, with special emphasis on APAC member engagement opportunities.
- Opening Plenary: Featuring presentations and panels involving MEF leadership, global operators, APAC members and industry analysts.
- Drinks Reception: Immediately following the plenary, a great opportunity to network!
- Birds of a Feather: A popular Monday evening pre-dinner gathering over snacks and refreshments.
- Meeting Agenda Details Coming Soon!
MEF 3.0 is a transformational global services framework for defining, delivering, and certifying agile, assured, and orchestrated communication services across a global ecosystem of automated networks. MEF 3.0 blends sophisticated, standardized services with an emerging suite of LSO (Lifecycle Service Orchestration) APIs to provide an on-demand, cloud-centric experience with unprecedented user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities.
MEF 3.0 is comprised of four major elements:
Standardized, Orchestrated Services. is a transformational global services framework for defining, delivering, and certifying agile, assured, and orchestrated communication services across a global ecosystem of automated networks. MEF 3.0 blends sophisticated, standardized services with an emerging suite of LSO (Lifecycle Service Orchestration) APIs to provide an on-demand, cloud-centric experience with unprecedented user- and application-directed control over network resources and service capabilities.
LSO APIs. MEF’s LSO Reference Architecture guides agile development of standardized LSO APIs that enable orchestration of MEF 3.0 services across multiple providers and over multiple network technology domains (e.g., Packet WAN, Optical Transport, SD-WAN, 5G, etc.).
Service and Technology Certifications. MEF is increasing the agility of its popular certification programs to accelerate availability and adoption of MEF 3.0 certified services.
Expanded Community Collaboration. MEF is working with many of the world’s leading service and technology providers, open source projects, certified professionals, standards associations, universities and enterprises to realize a shared vision of dynamic services orchestrated across automated networks.
MEF has created a new compute, storage, and networking platform – MEFnet – that enables development, testing, integration, and showcasing of MEF 3.0 implementations using open source and commercial products. MEF 3.0 implementation projects will help accelerate the understanding and adoption of MEF 3.0, as well as provide immediate feedback for standards development within MEF.
MEF 3.0 videos include numerous industry perspectives on our exciting work:
Q1 Meeting & Registration Information
Remote Meeting Access
While attending in person is most effective, we provide remote access for selected sessions for members who are unable to attend via GoToMeeting - MEF Members Meeting Remote Access
Important: Remote registration is required to participate.
Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers
20 Nathan Road
+852 2369 1111
- MEF Discounted Rate of 1,700 HK | $217 USD + 10% tax available until January 4, 2019
- Buffet Breakfast & Complimentary Wi-Fi included in all guest rooms
- All reservations require a credit card to hold the reservation
- Cancellations - You may cancel your reservation for no charge until 72 hours prior to your arrival date
- Hotel will charge one night’s fee if you cancel after 72 hours prior to arrival
Sheraton Hong Kong & Towers is located along Victoria Harbour, and in the heart of Kowloon's business, shopping and entertainment district. Temps average 65F (18C).
On-line Reservations click here or call the hotel directly: + 852 2369 1111
Other Meeting Information
Sponsoring MEF Meetings: Interested in Sponsoring a meeting? Members Meeting Sponsorships